Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lost in Thought

So I feel like I am a slacker mom sometimes.  Why can't I do it ALL?  I want to give more time to my kids and stop worrying about the house being cleaned of all toys lying around and dishes in the sink.  I want to sit and play dress up with Brinley and make Beckham laugh all day long.  Instead I am too busy stressing about little things that in the long run really don't matter.  I was reading my aunt's blog and she was talking about who she wants with her because in the long run we can't take any of our possessions with us. Thanks for your post Heidi. I have been thinking about this for a while and you really put it into the right words for me. We can't take our books, our crafts, our tv's, we take our families. Our kids. Our spouses.  Why can't I always remember that? This is something I vow to work on.  I want to be a better wife. To actually make dinner for my family before I leave for school. To make sure my wonderful husband feels loved and adored. (because I really do adore him.) I want to be a better mom. Put down the book and pay more attention to their little features and the personalities that they are growing into because really they won't be this age much longer.  I want to spend time with the people in my life that really matter. The people I will take with me.    

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Great post Ash!! I totally fell ya on this one! Its something I have been trying to work on as well!! Thanks for the reminder!

Nichole W. said...

Hey Ashley! In your lesson on Sunday (way to go by the way...you did great! I would have DIED!)you said you blogged, so I looked you up and found you! I hope you don't mind!
And as for this post, I feel the same way. I think we all do as moms.

ATT Hickson said...

Thanks for your thoughts... I think you are a GREAT mom. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me.

Ryan and Jess said...

ASHLEY! I think you are such an awesome mom AND wife as well as a great friend. I know how you feel about wanting to do better, but look at all that you do!