Monday, April 28, 2008

The Wedding Planner

Wow, can I just say that I had the longest weekend that I can remember? First of all my brother-in-law Aaron got married about a week ago. He asked me when he first got engaged if I would plan his reception... Of course I told him I would love to (I love being able to be creative). The reception was on Saturday, which happened to be my birthday (exciting day, I know) So Saturday I woke up at about nine and drove the half hour to my brother-in-law's house in Lehi, where all of the receptions goodies were being stored. We got to work right away cutting up all of the food. Then off to the church to set it all up. Holy cow, there was so much work to do. Lights to be hung, table settings to be put together, the works. Luckily I had my hard-working hubby there to help with all of the big stuff.. he was a trooper!!Being seven months prego I know I couldn't have done it without him. Once all the setting up was done, we went back to my brother-in-law's to eat the fastest dinner ever and get dressed to get to the church. Last minute details were thrown together and food was brought out. Then the rest of the night wasspent greeting family and friends. Of course the Jazz game was on that night and was being recorded (isn't Tivo the greatest thing ever?) So after everyone had left and was all cleaned up around 10:30 we headed back to my bro-in-law's to let all the bro's watch the Jazz game together. We ended up staying the night there because they were blessing their baby, Jace, the next morning at 9:00 since the majority of the brothers were in town.. Thank you Justin and Stacy by the way for hosting all of us at your house that night! You two are great!! After the blessing that morning we had food and visited for a while then headed to Orem for Darren's cousin's farewell. We went back to their house for lunch and visited there. Finally we headed home.. Luckily Brinley fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep to put her in bed so Darren and I could take a well deserved nap. I don't think I have ever been so tired.. I will post some of the pictures of how well the reception turned out when I get them all uploaded, but I will say that I am very pleased with the outcome.

5 comments:

KP said...

Whew, I am tired and ready for a nap and all I did was READ about it! You have your mom's knack for getting in there and getting it done. I love your confidence and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Love ya

Stacy and Justin said...

Ash you did an amazing job with the wedding, seriously. Aaron and Vivian will be forever endept (I don't know if I spelt that word right?) to you.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

busy girl you! I didn't know you liked that stuff...I'm sure you did a great job!

Jason and Amy said...

Hey Guys. Love your blog! Great to see what you have been up to. Ash you look amazing preggo, and could brinley be any cuter. we definitly need to hangout more.

Holly said...

Look at you and all your talents!! (and TIVO is the greatest!)