Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Reunion

This is going to be kind of a long post. So I apologize in advance. Well every year Darren's family has a family reunion. There is the Burrup/Fisher reunion in Oxford, ID (by Preston) and the Maughan reunion which is kind of wherever the person in charge decides to go. We weren't able to make it to the Burrup reunion because of the birth of Beckham but decided to shoot for the Maughan one. We made it. This year it was in Lava Hot Springs and we had a blast!! There was water rafting and swimming and tons of games and food! I didn't take the baby out much so Darren took Brinley to the pool and stuff. But I did take him to the park to sit in shade while the other's went water rafting. After sitting there for a while the others came back from rafting and told me that it was mild enough that Icould probably go. So I left Beckham with aunts and uncles and went down with Darren, Brinley, Lori my sister in law and her two girls Bailey 3 and Sydni 6. Well, we went down a waterfall about 4 feet high and flipped with the Brinley and Bailey and Sydni. Needless to say I was scared out of my mind that my little girl was going to drown. Of course she had on a lifejacket, but that didn't ease my mind a whole lot. Darren and I were both underwater holding her up by the lifejacket trying to get our footing. We found a rock and Brin and I sat there while Darren helped Lori with her two crying kids. Sydni got catapulted about 20 ft and was ok , just a little scared. Lori was holding Bailey and went under but was able to get to the side with Sydni. Brinlry just sat there like nothing had happened ready to keep going. Luckily we were all ok and walked away with just a couple of scratches and bruises. The rest of the river was great, some small rapids and calm water. I don't think we will be doing the waterfall thing again anytime soon. But the rest of the trip was fantastic. Here are some pictures of our fun filled reunion.


Nicholas, Sydni, Stacy and Justin going down the river
Braden, Melissa, Tori, Tyler, Darren and Brinley
There was a lot of this... Like father, like son
What a daddy's girl.

Brinley had a blast playing with her cousins!



On the way home from Lava, we stopped in Oxford to see Darren's dad and grandma and aunts and uncles who were there doing all the yard work at the house. It was great to see Darren's family who I haven't seen for a long time. We had a great dutch oven dinner and sat around the fire and talked while Grandma Burrup was able to see her new great grandson. There are horses on the property next to the Oxford house and Brinley ran straight for them. We thought as she got closer she might be scared since they are so big, but as you can see, she could have cared less. She probably would have gotten on one to ride if given the chance. She is definitely our animal lover.




Petting the horses

Feeding the horses.

Grandma Burrup with Brinley and BeckhamGrandpa Burrup and Brinley.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh My Goodness...you had quite an exciting rafting ride, I would have been freaked out! It looks like you had a great trip. The pics of Brinley with the horse are so cute!
P.S. no worries about the B-day (honestly) I know you have a lot going on, life gets crazy. Love you!

Stacy and Justin said...

I love the picture of Darren and Beckham! Brinley is a doll too!